Call for Proposals: ECML PKDD Discovery Challenge
We welcome proposals for the Discovery Challenge of ECML/PKDD 2023. Each year ECML/PKDD hosts several challenges in order to promote research and evaluate machine learning approaches in real-world applications. The Discovery Challenge is open to academic and industrial institutions as well as to non-profit organizations.
Each selected challenge will have a dedicated session in the conference for the presentation of the solutions.
Call for Discovery Challenge Proposals
- Submission deadline: March 05, 2023
- Notification of acceptance: March 19, 2023
Competition Time Frame
Competition maximum window:
- Start: April 1, 2023
- End: June 15, 2023
Publish results: No later than 30 June 2023
Submit system descriptions: No later than 31 July 2023
All deadlines should expire at 23:59 Anywhere on Earth (AOE, UTC – 12).
The proposal should be up to 4 pages and should contain the following information:
- Problem description: why is the problem challenging and interesting? What is the real-world application and the impact (research/societal, etc.)?
- Details on the data. Privacy and ethical concerns if any. Provide details about the size of the data.
- Evaluation: describe how you will perform the evaluation. For example, what type of metrics you will use and how you will ensure a fair and rigid evaluation.
- Technical details:
- The platform you will use to host the challenge and the leaderboard.
- Baselines and codes for data accessing that you will provide to participants. Will these be shared through github?
- Type of material for the participants’ submissions, like for example, a report, code etc.
- Timeline for the challenge. Note that you should respect the overall time frame mentioned above.
- Awards: The type of awards/prizes you will consider for the winning solutions.
- Details of the organizers of the challenge (Short CVs, Contact Details).
For the submission please use the Springer LNCS format.
Please send your submission to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org. For further questions and information please contact the Discovery Challenge chairs: André Panisson and Danilo Giordano at the same e-mail address.